A bridal shower is a party given for a bride before her wedding, typically consisting of throwing bridal shower games and opening presents.
- Though some books may recommend that you have the host provide blank "Thank You" note envelopes for your guests to fill out before the shower begins in order to save time later when addressing thank yous or to use to raffle prizes during the shower, many people consider it rude for the Bride not to write and address her own thank-yous. Guests may feel they are doing the Bride's work for her.
- Take pics of the bride and her gifts. This makes it easier for her to remember when doing thank you cards. Designating a "gift note-taker" is also a good idea.
- The bride should bring a small gift of thanks to the hostess of the party.
- Typically bridal showers should be held 2-3 months prior to the wedding.
- Typically only guests that are invited to the wedding will be invited to the bridal shower. Exceptions to this may be a workplace shower or a shower for a small or destination wedding.
- Tea party
- Stock the bar
- Wine and cheese
- Slumber Party
- Around the Clock
- Naughty & Nice
Decor and Favor Ideas