Boudoir pictures, also known as intimate photos, are a very popular gift for your fiance or spouse. The word "boudoir" can be translated to mean "a woman's private dressing room, sitting room or bedroom." These photos are sexy photos of you, usually taken by a professional photographer. They can be taken in your own home, a hotel room or in a studio.
You can dress in anything you feel comfortable in, anything that your fiance or spouse would like to see you in. Suggestions include: a favorite shirt of your fiance, various items of lingerie, swim wear and undergarments. Boudoir photos are not necessarily nude photos, and most of the time they aren't. The illusion of nudity is often seen as more sexy than actual nudity.
- A helpful mindset to have when taking boudoir pics is: don't take any photos that you couldn't show your best friend.
- Get inspired before taking your photos by checking out other boudoir portfolios -- Maxim magazine covers are also a good inspiration for interesting setups.
- Sometimes, the photographer will have a stylist available (usually someone with professional modeling experience) to help you get the right pose for each outfit/session.
- Bring a friend along that may help you with making sure "nothing is hanging out."
- Look for a photographer whose photos you love, and not necessarily a "boudoir" photographer.
- Bring a fan and music for the shoot.
- A good photographer will highlight your best assets so be proud of your body.
- Ask if you can chat with previous clients to get a feel for what the style of the photographer is like.
- Be comfortable with yourself--and talk to the photographer before you bare it all to see what they want to shoot, what they are hoping to get out of the session, and most importantly, what you want to get out of the session!
- A good boudoir photographer will ask questions like "Is there any particular feature that your fiance loves or that makes you feel especially good about yourself?" or "What body part would you like to me avoid taking pictures of?"
- If you book a hotel room for the shoot ask the front desk to assign you to a room facing the sunrise if you are doing an AM shoot, or the sunset if you are doing a sunset shoot. This will give your photographer the best possible light to work with. Hotels typically do room assignments 2-3 days before the actual date of your stay.
- Don't forget to take some smiling, laughing, bright and happy shots as well. Your guy probably likes seeing you with a smile on your face as much as he likes seeing you play the role of the seductress.
Including items that have meaning to your fiance make it more personal.
- Favorite Sports Team souveneir, like a jersey or football
- If he loves playing guitar, include it in a few shots
- If you are shooting somewhere with a bathtub, fill it with flowers, bubbles, milk, or other floating things and take some fun bathtub shots.
Knot bios with boudoir photos:
Project Wedding bios with boudoir photos: